Can?t perform installation.
Getting an error message that there?s a dll missing.
Where can I get it?
★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Product Troubleshooting for DeskJet 5150 InkJet Printer
Tips for a great answer:
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Try uninstalling the existing driver per the following (this is an email from HP in 2003 where I couldn't reinstall the drivers following some printing problems), then reinstall :-}
This was in reference to a HP5150 deskjet, but I believe the 5550 uses the same driver, possibly others in the 5xxx series.
I'll apologise in advance in case the format of the email goes a little screwy :-}
Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.
When attempting to reinstall the printer driver using USB connection, the 'Looking for new hardware' screen will open and the computer will
fail to respond under the following conditions:
* Attempting to install the printer driver after an unsuccessful installation.
To resolve this error and install the driver successfully, a few keys that may not have been removed by the uninstaller need to be deleted
from the Registry of the computer.
To remove the necessary keys from the Registry, leave the USB cable connected and follow the instructions below.
1. Click Start and click Run.
2. In the Open box, type: REGEDIT
3. Click Registry at the top and then click 'Export Registry File'.
The Export Registry File dialog box will open.
4. Save the Registry files to the computer hard drive (C:).
5. In the File name box, type: RegistryBackup
6. In the 'Export range' section, click All.
7. Click Save. A backup copy of the Registry will be created and
8. Click the (+) to the left of the following list of items in the
Registry to open them.
9. Click PlugNPlay.
10. Click Edit and then click Delete.
11. Click the (-) to the left of 'Software'.
12. Click the (+) to the left of the following list of items in the
Registry to open them.
13. Click hpdeskjet_5X00. (5X00 represents your printer model).
14. Click Edit and then click Delete.
15. Click plus (+) to the left of 'USB'.
16. Click VID_03F0&PID_620X. (The value of X varies).
17. Click Edit and then click Delete.
18. Close the Registry Editor, unplug the USB cable, and restart the computer.
Proceed with the installation of the printer driver from the software CD with the hardware first method.
Follow the steps given below to install the printer driver using the hardware first method.
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Connect the printer cable (USB or parallel) directly to the computer.
3. Restart the computer. The Add New Hardware Wizard will appear.
4. Insert the printer CD in the CD drive. Cancel any program that automatically starts.
NOTE: To prevent installation program on the CD from automatically starting up, hold the left "Shift" key while inserting the CD and continue to hold it for about 20 seconds.
5. On the "Add New Hardware Wizard" screen, click Next.
6. Select "Search for the best driver for your device (Recommended)".
7. Click Next.
8. In the dialog box, select CD-ROM drive. Ensure no other options are checked.
9. Click Next.
10. In the next window, under Location of driver, select the following path:
where D is the CD-ROM drive.
11. The "*.inf" will be listed. Select the file and then click Next. (If there is more than one file listed, select the one on the top).
12. Click Finish in the dialog box that confirms that, Windows has finished installing the software that your new hardware device requires.
CAUTION: Do NOT cancel the installation.
13. In the Congratulations! dialog box appears, select "Yes" or "No" to print a test page and then click Next.
14. Click Finish to complete the installation process.
This should resolve the issue. If you need further assistance, please reply to this message.
HP Total Care
Does the message specify any particular dll?
If you could copy the dll?s exact name and repost this question it might help the community in finding you a better fix.
The best I can do considering the situation is refer you to the HP site, to a page there where you can download the relevant drivers:
download the driver that fits your operating system and follow the instructions.
Usually installation doesn?t require much computer savvy, just repeatedly pressing the ok button.
Offcourse if you still have the original installation CD that you got with the printer then check to see if the driver is already there.
Research, Knowledge and Information :
Dell 5150 XP Clean Install problems - General Hardware ...
Hi , I am attempting to help a friend with a crashed drive on his Dimension 5150c. He has no XP install disk from Dell. If I try to install from my own copy of XP ...
Read More At : en.community.dell.com...
Deskjet 5150 driver/install problems on WinXP Pro - HP ...
Deskjet 5150 driver/install problems on WinXP Pro; HP Support Forums. Join in the conversation. Search the Community. turn on suggested results. Auto ...
Read More At : h30434.www3.hp.com...
FC2 : Dell Inspiron 5150 : Installation problem
Guys, Need your guidance here. This is driving me nuts. I'm trying to install FC2 in my Dell Inspiron 5150 laptop, but the installation is giving some confusing ...
Read More At : www.linuxquestions.org...
Intel 5150 WiFi/WiMax Adapter doesnt work with 7?
Mar 17, 2010 · Intel 5150 WiFi/WiMax Adapter doesnt work with 7? Windows 7 IT Pro > ... I would suggest a new clean install. The wi-fi problem should not have existed.
Read More At : social.technet.microsoft.com...
HP Deskjet 5150 Color Inkjet Printer Software and Drivers ...
Download the latest software and drivers for your HP Deskjet 5150 Color Inkjet Printer
Read More At : support.hp.com...
Download Official HP DeskJet 5150 Drivers - DriverRestore
Download Official HP DeskJet 5150 Drivers with ... How Do I Fix HP DeskJet 5150 Driver Problems? ... Follow on-screen directions for installation; OS: Windows 10 ...
Read More At : landing.driverrestore.com...
HP DeskJet 5150 printer problem! - linuxquestions.org
HP DeskJet 5150 printer problem! ... HP Deskjet 5150 install problem: mys71: Red Hat: 1: 05-17-2004 05:53 AM: HP Deskjet 5150? pinnockio: Linux - Hardware: 0: 09-28 ...
Read More At : www.linuxquestions.org...
5150 Series HART Communicator User Manual
5150 Series HART® Communicator User Manual . Safety Information ... Indicates information essential for proper product installation, operation or maintenance.
Read More At : www.5150update.com...
Installation of Windows 7 freezes on Dell Dimension 5150 ...
Hallo I try to install Windows 7 Home Premium on a Dell Dimension 5150 running XP SP3. According Microsoft 7 Upgrade Advisor everything fits and is compatible (incl ...
Read More At : www.sevenforums.com...
Having problems with your DeskJet 5150 InkJet Printer ?